As market leader in the storage and distribution of temperature controlled products, Kloosterboer continues to contribute to achieving a sustainable world. Kloosterboer is proactive in this field and takes the initiative when it comes to sustainable developments. This is an important ambition for our organisation and therefore, also for our employees. On a day to day basis, we work on continuously reducing the impact of our activities on the environment. Examples:
- developing automated warehouses that use 37% to 45% less energy compared to a conventional warehouse;
- installing wind turbines and solar panels (e.g. Vlissingen and Maasvlakte);
- bundling of goods traffic flows and use of sustainable modes of transport and (barge, rail, LHV);
- energy-efficient LED lighting used in a balanced lighting plan at every Kloosterboer location;
- sustainable building according to the Dutch Green Building Council norm. An example is the BREEAM-NL “very good” post-construction certificate awarded for the expansion of the Kloosterboer Delta Terminal;
- Kloosterboer is affiliated with the Lean & Green network and is the first cold store company to be awarded the Lean & Green Award. This is the first step in achieving our ambition of reducing CO2 emissions by 20% within 5 years.